Thursday, July 26, 2012

More air woe's

As you know I have been battling the heat. The last article was published on the July 6th. Now the compressor blew up!
I called another heat and air business to come out. With all the troubles I have had with the last two I thought I better look them up on the BBB. Good thing I did to because they had over 200 complaints. So I called and cancelled that appointment.I looked at BBB acredited companies in my area and found Sandrell Heating & Air. They have an A+ Rating with the BBB and  0 complaints.
This is there statement. "Here at Sandrell, we set ourselves apart from all other competitors by raising our standards, doing "Whatever It Takes" to make a 100% satisfied customer."

So let me tell you about my customer experience with Sandrell.
In short I couldn't be more pleased!

 Now for the details. The Lady that answered the phone was very personable and genuinely had empathy for me and what I had to say and of course I told her everything so far.
She worked with me to get the technician to my residence after I got home from work.
The tech's name was Chris he was very polite and professional. Chris listened to what I had to say. By the time he got here we had a different issue on our hands, the neighbors came over and said they heard a big bang and a loud hissing noise. I am thinking the compressor blew  up. I was close, it blew a hole in one of the pipes. Chris explained that it was going to be about 450.00 to fix this. Chris soldered the pipe, pulled a vacuum on the system and charged it up. Chris also replaced the wires that burned  up as that is what caused the whole problem to start with.

This also burned up another capacitor when the wires shorted, so a second capacitor was replaced  and  now the fan is turning at the proper speed again. It is 4 hours later and we have dropped 5 degrees so far. I will be curious to see how things turn out but I have a good feeling that Chris fixed the "actual" problem and didn't leave me with a bunch of excuses and empty promise's, as a matter of fact Chris told me that they guarantee there work for a year and if he has to come back out on the issue there will not be another service fee.


Signed,
 Burnt and Toasted more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment